A leading exponent of Rationalism during the 1930s, Albini designed several housing projects with Milan’s Institute of People’s Housing, in full step with the European avant-gardes. The relationship between architecture and history is the theme in his architecture after WWII, evident in his Pirovano Refuge in Cervinia (1949) and Rome’s Rinascente Department Store (1957). Albini was considered one of the most innovative exhibition designers at various editions of Milan’s Triennial exhibition. He was also involved in the design of the Palazzo Rosso and Palazzo Bianco museums as well as The Treasury of San Lorenzo (1952, with Franca Helg). His constant attention to technical consistency is apparent in his Milan Subway Stations (1962) and in his furniture design for Poggi. His chair Luisa won the 1955 Golden Compass Award and has been reissued by Cassina.
Showing 1 - 1 of 1